INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM?
We are looking for English Teachers for 2021!
- Develop your teaching skills, get trained on teaching from the lowest levels up to preparing students for Cambridge Exams and add international experience to your CV.
- Indulge in a variety of cultures, languages and foods from the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Mediterranean.
- Visit the Acropolis, Parthenon, Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Ancient Agora, Temple of Hephaestus and many other famous historical sites during your free time.
- Experience Greek taverns with live Greek music and dancing, as well as the daily life of locals as you walk around the central vegetable and fish market, spice shops and street bazaars.
- Bathe in crystal clear waters. You can dive off the rocks at The Coves or go to the most popular sandy beaches only 45 minutes (bus/metro) from the center.
- Minimum 2-month commitment
- Age 22+
- Provide proof of criminal clearance
- Fluency in English or have a minimum of B2 Certificate
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Positive, empathetic, compassionate, and physically & psychologically well
- Degree in teaching and/or Certification in English language teaching (TESOL/ TEFL/ /CELTA) or Experience teaching English
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working in the refugee context
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR ME?
Volunteer teachers, long term as well as short term, are non-paid positions. The Habibi Center does not cover any of your travel costs nor living expenses. We do offer two different accommodation options to help you with the costs, which we will discuss with you in a Skype interview.
If you are looking for a volunteer program where you will be working in crisis response or in camps, this program might not be the right fit for you. Our center runs a lot like a school, with rules, fixed schedule and routines, which also means that volunteers get quite a bit of free time.
CHECK OUT OUR WORK SCHEDULE:
- Operating hours are from Monday to Friday from 3:00pm to 8pm. We are also open on Greek Holidays.
- Mornings and weekends you are free. In this time you can explore the city or take Greek lessons.
If you would like to know more about volunteering with us, please Contact us and make sure you include the following information about yourself:
- A brief personal introduction (name, age, nationality, studies, past experience teaching or working with refugees…)
- The time period you would like to join (the minimum stay is 8 weeks)
- Your motivation (why are you interested in volunteering?)
- Skype contact information and the best time for us to contact you
Our volunteers’ Testimonials
Read about other volunteers’ experiences